Okra benefits for health is more likely to be an important part on your diet they may provide you with necessary minerals and vitamins that you will need in our body. You may read this article carefully, consider to include Gumbo to your daily diet, it is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Okra Benefits For Health
- Reduces bad cholesterol
Okra is known to inhibit the activity of pancreatic cholesterol while it binds to bile acids so cholesterol absorption will be limited. Gumbo has high fiber which means that you decrease your bad cholesterol level and increase your good cholesterol.
- Prevents obesity
Other benefits of okra may prevent obesity because of high fiber that makes your body cleanse all bad things in your body also has all the required nutrients that your body needs.
- Healthy pregnancy
Women who are in pregnancy phase should include okra to their diet as it may help to receive healthy baby because of vitamin B6 present in this vegetable. gumbo also contains high amounts of acid folic which is very important for new cells growth. also, vitamin C that plays a great role in the development of the fetus in your womb.
- Improves digestion
As I mentioned before, gumbo contains both insoluble and soluble fiber which can help your digestion. When you include okra regularly, you will ensure that your IBS will be performing very well in turns high chance to lower your risk of suffering from cancer, heart diseases , blood pressure, and diabetes also keeps your blood sugar level balanced.
- Better eyes
If your vision is not as good as it used to be. I highly recommend starting eating gumbo as soon as possible for your eyes health. And not only contains Vitamins A which is so beneficial for the eyes but it also comes with high antioxidants like beta-carotene. Vitamin A May protect the corneas of your eyes while zeaxanthin is all about visual growth.
- Boosts immunity
Okra Benefits For Health that you may get when you eating okra help strengthen your immune system. this is due to many amounts of vitamins that you can get from gumbo. if your immune system decreased, you will be at high danger from suffering various health issue from the common cold to more severe like cancer, hormone disorder, heart disease, obesity, chronic fatigue, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Okra nutrition value:
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin A, C, E, K
- B1, B2, B3, B9
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc.
Okra side effects
Consuming a large portion of okra may lead to an effect on some people such as:
- Okra has high oxalates may reflect your body with kidney stones.
- Okra high on vitamin K may also reflect people who have a blood clotting.
- May also cause gas, diarrhea, bloating.
Okra juice benefits
- May help drop your weight very fast
- Fight against diabetes.
- May help your cardiovascular.
How to prepare okra juice:
- Cup of water
- 100 g of okra
- 1/2 lemon
Blend all ingredients in a mixer your juice is ready, not complicated at all easy breezy.
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen, cut okra
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 14 ½-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper (or habanero chile), pierced 3 times with a fork
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse okra in a colander under hot water.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch heavy skilled over moderately high heat. Sauté onion for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes (including juice) and chile, and boil. Stir the mixture for 8 minutes. Add okra and cook, gently stirring, until okra is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper and discard the chile.
Yield: 10 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 133 mg
Total Fiber 5 g
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Potassium 563 mg
Okra benefits for health has immense value to your body. Okra’s not surprising me to consider as a golden vegetable. Add it to your diet and enjoy all the benefits that would give you. share it on Pinterest with your friends and your family .